Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Sorry for the delay much going on"


Video #2 of Dar's first foot movement since Dec 2008

Wednesday, October 21, 2009


0430 Hours


Please forgive the lapse in posts, it has been so hectic both here at home and work. To be quite truthful, I am still trying to put the events of the last couple of weeks into perspective, emotionally I feel like I've been hit by a freight train. So many things have gone on. If I were to write about all of them, it would be pages and pages.


The short version is that Dar returned to CareMeridian last Friday. She had a “pick-line” put in before leaving Marin General. The purpose of this is allowing better access to veins and such while Dar is on intravenous IV. She is taking a ‘kick butt” antibiotic and it requires periodic blood draw and testing. Dar being such a “hard stick”, the pick line allows things to go much smoother.


Dar is showing visible signs of improvement and Dr Doherty has returned and saw Dar yesterday.


Please read the following emails and be encouraged about what we are seeing. The “titration” of the pump will take a while and is not a “perfect science”, there will be ups and downs, and small increments, of both dosage and improvement.


Again, I apologize about the lapse in posts; please forgive me for keeping you waiting. I will get back on track quickly. Enjoy the emails.


Love to all,


Dar and Danny


Night before last


Danny,


I watched the video last night, and it was wonderful to see. It did knock my socks off. I will show it to Amy tomorrow and Dennis when he gets back. She looks like she was stretching her little toes. We want to see more, but I think whatever happens will happen in it's own time. I called Chad today, but we got cut off, so I will give him a call again tomorrow. Darlene was ranged extensively in her arms today with minimal crying. I think at least now the pump is minimizing the pain. Take care and I will talk with you soon. Mohammed and I are casting her wrist tomorrow. I am sooo excited.


-Christy


Thank you so much for this email. It could not have come at a better time. I feel so helpless being so far away, when I was with her these last 12 days I at least felt like I had some control. I truly hope you will see relaxed, limber Dar soon. I also hope Dr Dawson gets to see her soon. Please keep me up to speed, now that you have a full house it is a little hard to get info about Dar when I call. All are busy. Sorry to sound like a whiny, just having a hard time since I came home Friday. Please keep me posted and don't hesitate to use phone if necessary. Thank you so much Christy we both love you.


Last night


Hi Danny,


I am sorry that I did not get a chance to return your phone call. We are crazy busy at the facility, I had a hard time not walking in circles. Darlene got much attention today from myself, Chad and Dr. Doherty. I casted her right wrist and will see how it is tomorrow. Her tone seemed slightly better today at about 3:00. I got her left hand almost perfectly straight (wrist and fingers). When it closed back up I asked her to open it up and all fingers moved to open (whoopee, yahwho). She could barely do it, but she could initiate the movement. Chad did a wonderful job of explaining answers to my questions. The Baclofen is being continuously infused into her system so there should not be any certain time she should have less or more tone in regard to her reaction to the medication. I think it depends more on her positioning and comfort level as well as if she is feeling well. These all affect the tone greatly, the main concentration right now is figuring out what dosage is appropriate for her. Dr. Doherty saw her and I watched her increase the dosage and she said it will be about 24 hours before we see anything. Pretty wild with that computer thingy. Anyway, I thought you would like to know how her day was. She smiled and responded to most questions. Of course, she lights up with any mention of you. I will try my hardest to talk to you tomorrow. Take care.


-Christy


Thank you so much, I was not aware Dr. D was back. That is cool. Do you know what dosage number Dar went to? Any thought as to what Dr D thought. Do you really believe/think Dar may have the capability to have function in the future based on what you saw with the hands. This is exciting. Please keep me posted. As always we love ya. Dar/Danny.


To Dr Doherty, no answer as yet


Evening Dr. D


Learned this evening you were back and were able to spend time with Dar today.


Was told that you increased Dar's dosage, what number is she at now?


Anxious to hear of your plan for the next days and hopefully weeks at CM. Can you share what your immediate observations and reactions were today not having seen Dar in awhile?


Glad your back









No comments: