Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Pump calibrated more today"

October 8,2009
2013 Hours

Just a short note to let you all know that Dar continues to do well.

We are fighting a fever that rears its ugly head throught the day. Dar just broke a 100.4 fever a little bit ago.

Dr Dawson is not to concerned at this point but has ordered up another round ov IV antibiotics.

Dr Dawson has calibrated Dar's pump again today. Yesterday she was at 115 mics/24 hours. Now she is at 155.

I had been a little concerned that I was not seeing the same results after surgery as I did after the test trial. Now I know why. When Dar was given her test dose it was very,very high. It would have been the same as 2400 mic over a 24 hour period. When she had the pump placed he set the pump at 100. You can see the difference. The test trial was for just a short time and only to prove one thing, does she unlock. There is a math equation I will share later with you. My point is that Dr Dawson is slowly buildingthe dosage. We want enough to unlock Dar but not so much that she is sedated.

It is our hope to return to Caremeridian tomorrow, p[ease keep Dar in you prayers. As I type Dar is listening to Monk on the tv and is finding something very humerous. She is laughing and having a great time, Thank you all, we love you much.

Talk to you all soon,

Love,

Dar/Danny

No comments: